Sunday, January 2, 2022

January 2 - Importance of Meetings

Another day draws to it's ending. It was not an unusual day but not an overly typical day either. To start with, I overslept, about an hour past my usual waking time. Luckily, I had arisen two hours earlier and took the day's ham out to continue thawing it. After eating breakfast, I baked a few dozen peanut butter cookies. You understand today is Sunday and every Sunday my stepson joins us for supper. I like to bake him cookies and those are his favorite.

For the meal, I made a glazed picnic ham. It was delicious. At some point during the day, Nancy suggested we watch some old Harry Potter movies so we started with the first one. We had to pause it while we ate, but that's why they invented the pause feature, right. We like to attend our self-help meetings. There's one we've just started going to that is in Hawaii, but the time of that conflicts with a local meeting we go to, so we're attempting to alternate each day between the two, to see how that works. Our home group also meets on sunday evening, so we attended that one this evening.

We managed to watch the second Harry Potter movie. I suppose we might have been able to do 3 or 4 movies if we had just skipped our meetings, but that's not how it works for us. We plan our life around our meetings and not our meetings around our life. The way we see it is simple. Without recovery from alcoholism, we would have no life. We recovered by going to meetings and now that we are recovered, we continue to go to meetings, partly because we enjoy them and partly because we like to explain to the new people what I just explained to you.

Know what I mean. Jellybean.

No comments:

Post a Comment