Saturday, December 18, 2021

My solution is gratitude

I'm chairing a meeting today and the topic is chairperson's choice so I needed to come up with something appropriate for anything we might be going through now. With the new restrictions, a lot of us have had to cancel holiday plans and that disappoints and frustrates us.

My thing was not being able to attend the christmas social at the club. I've been to every one since 1997. What's my solution whenever I start to be consumed by self-pity - gratitude. If I can remember all the things I have to be grateful for, it's hard to feel any negativity while I'm doing that.

So, grab a pen and paper, or a keyboard, and write down six things you have to be grateful for. If you are not out of your funk yet, write six more and keep writing until you realize how selfish you've been feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment