Friday, December 17, 2021

End of the Year always gets me thinking

Tomorrow, I'll be chairing my, well I was going to say my home group of al-anon, but it's actually not my group. I haven't been to my group since the first lockdown, but I've been attending another group on zoom for about 18 months. Being the chairperson doesn't worry me. Done it before and it really doesn't call for a special skill set. It's just another way to express my gratitude.

A quarter of a century ago, I was broken. These meetings I go to help me to put me back together, a piece at a time. I heard an AA oldtimer tell a story once about putting the man back together and as he did that his world came together. Same sort of thing happened with me. It's not the same world I lived in. I think it's a better one.

The end of the year always gets me thinking. Did I do enough this year? Did I change enough? I spoke at a meeting today and I quoted the book, that line about being of maximum usefullness to God and to others? Nancy and I have the community project we do every year. We delivered xmas gifts to 19 otganizations in metro, but surely we could have done 20. Next year, we'll try harder.

No comments:

Post a Comment