Monday, September 9, 2019

Aftermath of Dorian

Power has been restored to our neck of the woods. We call it Serenity Corner round here. The storm was wild. We couldn't really see it because it hit after midnight and since we were without power.....28 hours we in the darkness of no lights, no phone, no cable, no internet. We used the Barbecue a lot, to cook, to boil water for coffee, it reminded me of camping in Newfoundland, we just didn't have to sleep outside with the bears.

I went outside in the neighbourhood a few times to see if those 140 km/hr winds had wreaked havoc.I was both relieved and disappointed to see that everything, well almost everything was intact.





It certainly wasn't as uprooting as Hurricane Juan. Or, maybe, it just was't that way in our neck of the woods. And, really, isn't that all that concerns us. Certainly, we are worried about friends and loved ones and hope they are alright during such a storm,and we appreciate their calls, etc. But at the end of the day, who was here sweeping off my end of the street? Just me and Nancy. I didn't see anyone else with a broom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment